"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

29 December 2014

My Top Ten Young Adult Books of 2014

I generally read newly published books, but there is a chance that a few of these books have been published in 2013 or possibly earlier.  In any case, without further ado here are my top ten YA novels that I read in 2014, in no particular order:

10.  Freakboy by Kristin Clark

9. Proxy by Alex London

8. Killer of Enemies by Joseph Bruchac

7. The Secret Side of Empty by Maria Andreu

6. One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva

5. Pantomime by Laura Lam

4. The Before Now and After Then by Peter Monn

3. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

2. Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley

1. Gabi, a Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero

By my count, this list includes six realistic fiction, two science fiction, one fantasy, and one historical fiction.  Also, at least six of the books feature nonwhite protagonists and eight of the books feature LGBTQ characters. Not too shabby.

No comments: