"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

18 July 2014

Vitro


Khoury, Jessica. Vitro. Razorbill, 2014

Sophie is trying to find her mother, who is working on mysterious Skin Island which is somewhere in the Pacific relatively close to Guam. She gets there and finds all the crazy experiments her mom has been a part of.

The science fiction part of this story, as well as the cover, will definitely appeal to my students. And I had fewer problems with the Guam descriptions in this book than I did in the previous two books I found set on Guam. I don't, however, recommend that anyone stand outside the Guam airport and wait for a taxi like the main character did; you'll be waiting a long, long time.

Recommended for: teens
Red Flags: violence
Overall Rating: 3/5 stars

No comments: