"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

25 May 2013

My Friend Dahmer


Backderf, Derf.  My Friend Dahmer. Harry N. Abrams, 2012.

I almost didn't read this book.  I'm not interested in serial killers, I found the art in this work to be a bit creepy, and the author's first name is the same as that of my stuffed turtle.

Even though this book is about a serial killer, it ended up being fairly enjoyable. The creepy art matches the creepy tone of the story, and the author did not go into much detail about Dahmer's crimes, instead demonstrating that Dahmer's home situation combined with his lack of popularity at school may have led him to do what he did. I can understand why this book has been popular, even if it wasn't my favorite.

No comments: