"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

18 June 2011

Slaves of the Mastery and Firesong


Nicholson, William. Slaves of the Mastery. New York: Hyperion Books for Children, 2001.
Nicholson, William. Firesong. New York: Hyperion Books for Children, 2002.

I read the first book in this trilogy, The Wind Singer, many months ago.  Until recently I hadn't been able to locate a copy of the second or third books.  I really liked The Wind Singer, and I was equally impressed with the sequel and the conclusion of the trilogy. The stories are well-written, the characters are admirable but not perfect, the wicked characters are believeable, and the plot carries the reader through to the end of the story.  The final book even had a Rowling-esque epilogue describing the characters' lives several years after the end of the story.  If I still had a classroom, these books would be on my shelf.  This is a great series.

No comments: