"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

22 June 2011

The Ranger's Apprentice


Flanagan, John. The Ranger's Apprentice. New York: Philomel Books, 2005.

Finding a good, interesting, entertaining book is a beautiful thing.  Finding the first book in a series of good, interesting, entertaining books is an even better thing. I have been thoroughly enoying the Ranger's Apprentice series.  This fantasy series follows the story of Will, an orphan boy who longs to be apprenticed into the battle school to become a soldier for the king.  He is disappointed to discover that he has been apprenticed to a ranger instead.  However, he soon learns that being a ranger is a more difficult job than he has bargained for.

I am enjoying the story of Will and the people he meets in his journeys.  I may eventually tire of this series - my library's search engine tells me there are ten books already - but for now I am enjoying the journey.

No comments: