"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

14 March 2013

Storm Front


Butcher, Jim. Storm Front. ROC, 2000.

Harry Dresden is a wizard for hire.  He's called in to consult on a case of a double murder, where both victims had their hearts ripped from their chests.  He soon realizes that this is the work of a dark wizard, and what's worse, the dark wizard is after Dresden himself.  Dresden has to race to find this wizard before it's too late.

I liked this story. I read some less-than-stellar reviews on Amazon where people said this book was too cliched.  I don't agree.  I enjoyed this story, including the small details like the fact that Dresden's presence causes electrical items to malfunction.  I also liked Bob, Dresden's talking skull.  I am excited about reading the next book in this series.

No comments: