"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

05 June 2014

The Summer Experiment


Pelletier, Cathie. The Summer Experiment. Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, 2014.

This book is a good read-alike for My Mixed-Up Berry Blue Summer or Bluffton. It takes place in Maine during the summer, and two kids are trying to get abducted by a spaceship for their science project. In between, not much else happens. The pace is pretty slow, but I could see this book being popular with girls who are finally literate enough to read chapter books on their own. I won't be getting this book for my library, but if I worked in an elementary school, I might.

Recommended for: middle grade
Red Flags:none
Overall Rating: 3/5 stars

No comments: