"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

07 March 2014

Midwinterblood


Sedgwick, Marcus. Midwinterblood. Indigo, 2011.

These are seven stories that are tied by two characters throughout centuries. The two characters vary in age, but nonetheless are drawn to each other.  It isn't until the end of the book that the reader is able to make all of the connections and see how the stories tie together.

I ended up liking this book a lot more than I thought I would. At first I was just confused. I didn't like that the separate stories were told out of order, but I assumed that by the end it would make sense, and it did. I could easily booktalk this book to my students, and both those who like scary books and those who like paranormal books would be drawn to this story. It's very rare that I would want to go back to a story and reread it, but I almost wanted to do that with this one so I could see the connections that I missed the first time through.

Recommended for: young adults
Red Flags: murder
Overall Rating: 5/5 stars

No comments: