"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

04 December 2010

Top Ten in Twenty-Ten



It is that time of year, folks.  Here is my list of the top ten books I read in 2010, in no particular order:

This totals to:
  • 5 non-fiction books
  • 5 fiction books
  • 1 historical fiction
  • 1 Christian living
  • 2 biography/memiors
  • 1 book about abuse
  • 1 fantasy
  • 3 kids novels
  • 2 novels for adults
Not a bad range.  Much better than the years I was in my Agathe Christie phase or my "read all the Newberry winners" phase or the "I've read all my books so I guess I'll have to read my sister's books" phase. 

If I had to pick only one book for you to read off of this list, I would recommend If God is Good.  It is a thick one, but well worth your time (and those of you who are reading this from Guam can find it in your library).

No comments: