"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

27 December 2010

Patience with God


Schaeffer, Frank. Patience with God. Cambridge: Da Capo Press, 2009.

This book details the beliefs of several influential athiests and contrasts these beliefs, and their accompanying actions, to similar beliefs and/or actions of evangelical Christians.  Unfortunately, I didn't have much patience for this book.  I definitely gave the book the "100 page test" that I taught my students to use; unfortunately, this book failed that test miserably.  Perhaps I just don't have the brain for this type of reading, but I wouldn't bother with this book if I were you.  There are other much more digestible and interesting books on the same topic.

No comments: