11 January 2013
Greetings, faithful readers.
My apologies for the very long delay. Life has been complicated. Since the last time I posted, the following things have happened:
1. I had my carpal tunnel surgery and came through just fine.
2. I finished my first year as a SLIS graduate student.
3. My sweetheart's dad died suddenly.
4. I interned at a beautiful public library in a town quite similar to my hometown and got to work with some awesome librarians and kiddos.
5. I started my second year of grad school.
6. My mom died suddenly.
7. I got engaged.
8. I got a part-time job as a circulation clerk and was able to say good-bye to my retail position.
So it's been a busy few months. 2012 was not the best year in the world, but I am hoping that 2013 will be better. One of the things that I am doing differently is reviving my blog, including reviews of books I've been reading while I've been in graduate school.
If you are still here reading my blog after this long absence, thank you for sticking around! If you're new to my blog, here's hoping that I can keep up with it better this year.