"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

23 January 2013

Eve and Adam



Grant, Michael and Karen Applegate. Eve and Adam. Feiwel and Friends, 2012.

Eve is in a horrible car crash that severs her leg. Fortunately, her mom is in charge of a huge medical facility that can help her heal fast.  As she is healing, Eve's mom assigns her a project: create the perfect boy.

This book lost me when Eve decided to leave her mom's workplace, where she was recovering from a car crash in which SHE LOST A LEG, and goes to rescue her best friend's boyfriend from a drug deal gone wrong. The story was intriguing, but the best friend subplot was obnoxious. I don't care how close we are, if I had a leg severed from my body, I would not be willing/able to come to your rescue or your no-good boyfriend's rescue when I'm supposed to still be in the hospital.

No comments: