"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

17 September 2011

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda



Angleberger, Tom. The Strange Case of Origami Yoda. New York: Amulet Books, 2010.

Dwight is one of the weird kids in his class.  A lot of his quirks have convinced his classmates that he must be from another planet.  However, one day Dwight brings an origami Yoda to school, and Yoda starts giving advice to his classmates, advice that Dwight himself could not have come up with.  So where does Yoda get his great ideas, and why won't Dwight follow the advice of his paper puppet friend?

I absolutely loved this book.  I generally enjoy books with middle schoolers as main characters, but this one tops many of the others I've read before.  This one was laugh-out-loud funny.  If I still had a classroom, I'd read this book aloud to my students.

No comments: