"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

03 September 2011

The Crabapple Tree



D'Arcangelo, Lyndsey. The Crabapple Tree. Alpha World Press, 2009.

Busy Wheeler is leaving for the summer.  Her best and only friend Billy will be left behind as Busy spends the summer with her aunt as her parents hope that her attitude will improve.  The summer is a hectic one for Busy as she works at her aunt's bed and breakfast and discovers some things about her family and about herself.

This story was cute and interesting and entertaining as well. I enjoyed meeting Busy: I was impressed with her defense of Billy and I applauded her courage in facing some new information about her birth mother.  The plot twist (which I will not reveal here, lest I spoil the book for you) was not what I expected, but still made for interesting reading.

No comments: