"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

23 September 2011

Feed



Anderson, M. T. Feed. Somerville, MA: Candlewick Press, 2002.

In a futuristic world, all people are equipped with "feeds" that download information directly into their brains.  Titus, the protagonist, meets a girl who is trying to fight against her feed, and this girl changes his life.

At least, this is what the book should be about.  I don't know because I couldn't get past the weird vocabulary.  I've read dozens of fantasy novels, each with its own special vocabulary, but in each of those cases the special vocabulary was introduced gradually with plenty of in-text synonyms and support.  This novel contains neither of those things, and the new vocabulary was frustrating and irritating.  I tried, really I did, but I couldn't finish this book.

No comments: