"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

02 January 2015

Posting Reviews

Yes, this is a picture of the blog post you're currently reading.  Very meta, I know.
For much of 2014, I made it my goal to have a new blog post up every weekday.  Most of these were written and posted weeks in advance because I simply don't have the time every single day to work on my blog, but this assured that there was new material available and that my blog still looked "alive" even when I wasn't actively working on it. Looking back, I'm kind of amazed at the number of book reviews I was able to post, and more recently on the number of programming or library-work related posts I created.  And I like being able to look back at the previous years and see what kinds of books I read and enjoyed or decided to write reviews for.

I will definitely still be reviewing books in this new year, but since I have decided not to participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge, I won't be reading as many books, which means I might have fewer to review. I certainly won't be racing through them like I did in the past. So I will still have reviews to write, but not as many as I have in the past.

Additionally, starting next month (is February really just around the corner?) I will be a member of the 2016 Stonewall committee, which means I will be helping to select the award-winning children's and YA books with LGBT+ characters and themes. I'm really excited about this opportunity, but one of the rules of the game is that while on the committee I cannot post reviews about the books we're discussing.  So, while I will still be writing reviews, the types of books I can review will change. 

I am also excited about posting more about programming and things I'm doing in my library, as well as the occasional cute kid story that will inevitably come up, since, well, I'm surrounded by kids pretty much all day long. 

So there will be reviews, but likely fewer of them, and more posts about programming and other library-related things. I do hope you'll stick around for the journey.


No comments: