"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

15 April 2016

Storytime: Libraries


We just wrapped up library week, so this is what I did at my library-themed storytime:

Opening Rhyme: Open them, Shut them

Book: Library Lion by Michelle Knudson

Rhyme: My Book
This is my book; it will open wide
To show the pictures that are inside.
I read about a ball, so big and so round
That is tossed in the air and rolled on the ground.
I read about an umbrella to keep me dry
When raindrops fall from the cloudy sky.
I read about a kitty with a loud, loud purr.
I'd love to stroke her soft, warm fur.

Book: Bats at the Library by Brian Lies

Song: "If You're Happy and You Know It"

Book: Biblioburro by Jeanette Winter

Rhyme: Books to the Ceiling
Books to the ceiling, books to the sky!
My stack of books is ten miles high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them.

Book: Library Day by Ann Rockwell

Song: "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"

Book: Library Mouse by Daniel Kirk

Goodbye Rhyme

Craft: At the end of Library Mouse, the kids in the library write their own stories on "mouse-sized" books. I made small books (1/4 a standard sheet of paper) for kids to use to write their own stories.

No comments: