"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

20 April 2016

Science Club: DIY Marble Run


My science club kids made their own marble runs this week. I was planning to give them scrap paper and masking tape and let them come up with their own design, but then I stumbled upon this website, which has printable plans for a paper roller coaster. I made enough copies so each family could have one to work on together, put out tape and scissors, and let them go at it.


It was neat to see how interested the families were in creating a working marble run, especially as the parents got involved. I showed a video of a 16-ft tall paper roller coaster, which inspired them to work as much as they could on their projects before taking them home to finish later.


No comments: