"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

06 May 2014

Fangirl


Rowell, Rainbow. Fangirl. St. Martin's Griffin, 2013.

Cath and Wren are heading off to college. Wren wants to be independent and live her own life, but Cath is not quite ready to let go and is surprised when she has a roommate who is not her twin. An avid Simon Snow fan, Cath writes fanfiction that is widely popular. As the final Simon Snow book's release looms, Cath has to balance her college classes, relationships, and her life within the fandom.

This book was a lot of fun to read. Rowell has a very approachable style of writing, and even though I am not a fan of romance books, I truly enjoyed the journey through this book and was disappointed when it was finished. An added bones are the excerpts from Simon Snow stories and fanfic that preface each chapter. I would quite easily and willingly add this book to my library's collection, as I could see it being very popular among my fans of romances.

Recommended for: young adults
Red Flags: alcohol use and abuse
Overall Rating: 4/5 stars

No comments: