"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

09 April 2010

Start Here


Harris, Alex and Harris, Brett. Start Here. New York: Multnomah Books, 2010.

For those of you who have read Do Hard Things, this book is a companion book with some more practical ideas for starting those hard things in your life. I appreciated the authors' practical approach and examples, as well as the list in the back of the book of 100 hard things that people have done, ranging from raising money for a non-profit organization to spending time with younger brothers and sisters.

The point is simple: everyone's "hard things" are different. Figure out what your hard thing is and get started.

If I could, I would get this book into the hands of each of my homeroom students and my honors juniors as well. Teenagers are capable of so much more than we typically expect.

No comments: