"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

07 April 2014

COUNTDOWN: The Ninja Librarians: The Accidental Keyhand


In the new book The Ninja Librarians: The Accidental Keyhand, the two main characters travel through a Narnian-wardrobe-esque portal into another dimension.  Unfortunately, they accidentally bring a mongoose with them (long story), and he ends up wreaking as much havoc in his new home as he did in his former home.

If I could bring a creature with me on an adventure, I think I would want something more useful than a mongoose. I'd want someone who could be helpful in situations I might encounter, and probably a creature who is mostly self-sustaining and able to adjust to a new situation quickly. Strength and healing powers would be great, too.  If I got to choose any creature to take on an adventure with me, I'd choose


Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix from the Harry Potter series.  Fawkes has healing tears; he's loyal; and he's very strong.  Also, since he can fly, he could carry me if I needed to get somewhere. And I wouldn't have to worry about finding him a litter box or special food or anything.

How about you? If you could take any creature (real or imagined) on an adventure, which creature would you pick?

For those of you who missed the other posts in this series, here they are:
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

No comments: