"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

12 February 2011

Father Brown: The Essential Tales


Chesterton, G.K. Father Brown: The Essential Tales. New York: Random House, 2005.

I love mystery stories.  I have gone through phases where I read every Sherlock Holmes story, every Agatha Christie story, etc. etc.  Mysteries are just fun, and it's amazing to me how these stories can stand the test of time.  GK Chesterton's Father Brown stories are no exception.  I thoroughly enjoyed the short stories in this collection, and I am looking forward to finding another Father Brown book during my next library trip.

2 comments:

Katie said...

More like Hercule' Poirot or Miss Marple, would you say?

Jenni Frencham said...

Poirot. Definitely Poirot, but without the mustaches.