"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

08 January 2011

Escape


Jessop, Carolyn and Laura Palmer.  Escape. New York: Broadway Books, 2007.

The trial of Warren Jeffs has been in the news once again.  I was interested in learning more about this trial because I had read Carolyn Jessop's second book, detailing her life outside the FLDS church.  I had wanted to read her first book, detailing her life as a sister wife and her escape with her eight children. 

I cannot imagine enduring what Jessop endured.  I am amazed at her bravery and so glad that she and her children have been able to find freedom outside of the bondage of the cult they were in.  This book was a good read and filled in some gaps I had from reading the second book first.

No comments: