"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

31 December 2015

2015 Top Ten Books


In no particular order, here are my top ten favorite books from 2015:
  1. The Martian by Andy Weir
  2. The War that Saved My Life by Kimberly Bradley
  3. Red: A Crayon's Story by Michael Hall
  4. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston
  5. Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu
  6. Love Monster by Rachel Bright
  7. Book Scavenger by Jennifer Bertman
  8. Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson
  9. Miss Hazeltine's Home for Shy and Fearful Cats by Alicia Potter
  10. Dumplin' by Julie Murphy
Picture Books: 3
Middle Grade: 3
Young Adult: 3
Adult: 1

Fiction: 10
Non-fiction: 0

There have been years when most of my choices are non-fiction or most of my choices are young adult, etc. etc.  This year I was pretty balanced across the age ranges, but didn't find any non-fiction books that I really loved. It will be interesting to see what happens next year.

What were your favorite books of this year?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I've read none of these. Time to get to work!

Jenni Frencham said...

Oh, gracious. You will LOVE Miss Hazeltine, and Love Monster has two follow-up books with adorable illustrations. The others are great, too - Dumplin' includes Dolly Parton drag queens.