"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

29 May 2015

Break for Summer Reading


Our library's summer learning club (formerly known as the summer reading program) will begin on Monday. I have spent the last month preparing and promoting the programs for this summer.  I will be spending the next two months up to my eyeballs in programming and kiddos and prizes and story times and crafts and performers, etc. etc.

Mondays: kids crafts in the afternoon, family story time in the evening
Tuesdays: toddler story time in the morning, science club in the afternoon
Thursdays: visits from the city child care group for story times and tours in the afternoon, book club in the evening
Fridays: our Maker Space will be open for patrons (including children) to use
Saturdays: a performer or special event every week - puppets, animal shows, etc.

In short, I will be busy.  To quote a friend of mine, "I am not legally responsible for anything I say or do until after August 1st."

I might have glimmers of free time in which I can write blog posts.  More likely, however, this blog will gather dust until August, at which time I can tell about all the things we did in the summer and how they were awesome (or how they could be made to become awesome).

No comments: