"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

04 February 2014

Some Quiet Place


Sutton, Kelsey. Some Quiet Place. Flux, 2013.

Elizabeth doesn't feel emotions. Instead, they show up as ghosts/spectors that speak with her and interact with those around her.  Fear, especially, is very interested in Elizabeth and wants to know why she doesn't feel anything.  And Elizabeth needs to find this out, because that knowledge stands between life and death.

I just couldn't get into this particular story.  As much as I was intrigued by the idea of personified emotions, the writing style just could not hold my interest.  I did not understand why Elizabeth was talking to these emotion creatures, why she didn't feel anything, or why any of it mattered.  This book didn't hook me like others have.  However, the kids at my library who love ghost stories, scary stories, and anything paranormal will probably really enjoy this one.

Recommended for: teens, fans of paranormal fiction
Red flags: none
Overall Rating: 2/5 stars

No comments: