"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

11 January 2016

Storytime: Kevin Henkes


This week we did another author focus, this time on Kevin Henkes. We received a letter back when we wrote to Tomie DePaola, so I tried again with the kids writing or drawing for Kevin Henkes. We'll see if we get anything back.

Rhyme: Open them, Shut them

Book: Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes

Game: Animal guessing game on Power Point. I put a picture of an animal on a PowerPoint slide, then covered it up with four squares. I animated the squares so they would disappear with a mouse click, and gave the kids clues between clicks so they could try to guess the animal before I showed it. I did about six animals, and the kids really enjoyed the guessing game, but they said my clues were too easy.

Book: Little White Rabbit by Kevin Henkes

Song: "If You’re Happy and You Know It"

Book: Old Bear by Kevin Henkes

Rhyme: Five Little Monkeys

Book: A Good Day by Kevin Henkes

Song: "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"

Book: Waiting by Kevin Henkes

Goodbye Rhyme

No comments: