"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

25 January 2016

Book Club: End of the Year Festivities


We are already well into the new year, but I did have an end of the year party in December for my book clubs. Both the older and younger kids' groups had parties that were very similar.  First, we each brought a book that we enjoyed from the past year. It didn't have to be a book club book. Each child said what book they brought and why they liked it, and I also shared a book I enjoyed.  Next, we voted on the book club books we had read that year. I had printouts of the covers of each book, and each child placed a star on the book they liked best. Finally, I had board games set out for them to play while they enjoyed some healthy snacks.


Each child left with a goody bag filled with a bookmark, a pencil, a glow stick, some erasers and stickers, etc. I asked the parents to fill out a survey about book club so I could make improvements for this year. This was a great, low-key way to celebrate book club and enjoy the busy holiday season without adding yet another complicated program to my to-do list.


No comments: