"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

10 January 2014

More Than This


Ness, Patrick. More Than This. Candlewick Press, 2013.

Seth drowns, but then he wakes up in a new world.  How did he get here? Is this world real, or was the other one?  How will he find his way?

The narrative style of this book is very difficult to get into. I don't think many teens would get into this book, as a limited 3rd person narration when there's one main character is a bit odd. I disliked not knowing what was going on in Seth's head space, and I found the beginning of the book to be very boring; I read it because I wanted to review it, not because I enjoyed the story.

Recommended for: teens, strong readers
Red Flags: none
Overall Rating: 2/5 stars

No comments: