"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

30 December 2013

Curtsies and Conspiracies



Carriger, Gail. Curtsies and Conspiracies. Little, Brown BFYR, 2013.

Sophronia is back at her finishing school in the sky, and another mystery is at hand. Her school is traveling to London to witness the first dirigible flight by aether, but something is not quite right. She has to uncover the conspiracy against both humans and supernaturals before anyone else is hurt.

I enjoyed this book almost as much as I enjoyed the first in the series, although it took me a while to find the time needed to sit and read the book. I am glad that Carriger has a series for young adults, and I hope this will lead more people to enjoy the steampunk genre. I already have students who loved the first book, and I'm sure this one will be an easy sell, too.

Recommended for: teens, steampunk fans
Red Flags: none
Overall Rating: 4/5 stars

No comments: