"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

05 July 2011

All Your Base Are Belong to Us



Goldberg, Harold. All Your Base Are Belong to Us: How Fifty Years of Videogames Conquered Pop Culture. New York: Three Rivers Press, 2011.

Okay, I'll admit it: I like video games.  I haven't had the means or opportunity to get as involved in video games as I would like, but I do enjoy them.  I remember when I stayed at a friend's house in elementary school and we spent an entire night playing Super Mario Brothers on her Nintendo. From the NES and GameBoy to Playstation, Wii, and even casual PopCap games, this book chronicles the development of the video game culture and the way producers of games adjust their ideas to meet people's desires and to continue to challenge an increasingly advanced population of gamers. 

Satisfy your inner geek by checking this book out at your local library.  You'll be glad you did.

No comments: