"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

06 April 2016

Book Club: Savvy


My book club kids read Savvy, and then we met to do some activities. I found discussion questions online, but for the most part this group (9-12 year olds) do just fine discussing the book with only minimal guidance from me.

All of our activities were word related. I found a Savvy word search online and also set out Bananagrams and Upwords. All of these activities were enjoyed by the kids and their families. I've discovered that this older group generally gravitates toward one activity each meeting, usually whatever board game I've put out, while the younger book club kids enjoy having a variety of activities to choose from. The older kids use our activity time as social time, while the younger set tend to enjoy the activities themselves and occasionally find opportunity to socialize with their peers while completing the craft or playing the game.


No comments: