"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

12 August 2015

I Am Princess X


Priest, Cherie. I Am Princess X. Arthur A. Levine Books, 2015.

May and Libby were best friends, and together they created the character of Princess X. They filled notebooks with the princess's adventures. Then Libby died in a car accident and May was left alone. Now May is seeing Princess X appear all over Seattle, and she just knows that Libby is somehow still alive and is responsible for the Princess X webcomic. But will she be able to find Libby before the Needle Man does?

This book was amazing. Between the Princess X webcomic that graces more than a few pages and the mystery element with the clues that Libby leaves for May to find her, I couldn't stop thinking about this book. For the first time in months, I actually wanted to put aside my to-do list at work and read my book instead [I didn't.]. This book would be a great one to give to teens or tweens who are fans of webcomics or graphic novels and who like mystery stories. I will definitely be book-talking this one with my patrons.

Recommended for: tweens and teens
Red Flags: intense situations where May is being chased by the villian, but no sex, smoking, drinking, swearing, etc.
Overall Rating: 5/5 stars

Read-Alikes: Afterworlds, Fangirl, Book Scavenger

No comments: