"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

07 May 2014

Carter Finally Gets It


Crawford, Brent. Carter Finally Gets It. Disney-Hyperion, 2009.

Carter has ADD and he stutters. He's a freshman in high school and still a virgin. This book follows Carter throughout his classes and his interactions with the fair sex.

I didn't really enjoy this book much. I was glad for a book about a student with ADD and with a speech impairment, but I found it dizzying to be inside Carter's ADD-addled brain. He seemed like the kind of goofball kid I would have enjoyed teaching even though he drove me nuts. As such, there isn't a ton of plot in this story.

Recommended for: young adults
Red Flags: Carter is a teen boy, and we're inside his brain, so lots of imagined sex.
Overall Rating: 3/5 stars

No comments: