"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

26 October 2010

Tollins: Explosive Tales for Children


Iggulden, Conn. Tollins: Explosive Tales for Children. New York: Harper Collins, 2009.


If you are looking for an entertaining children's story that kids and adults can enjoy together, look no further. From the creator of The Dangerous Book for Boys comes a story about Tollins, small winged creatures that are bigger than fairies but considerably smaller than humans.


This book is hilarious. I thoroughly enjoyed the stories of Tollins and fireworks, Tollins and amputation as a panacea, and Tollins exploring science. I only wish the book were longer. If I still had a classroom, my students would be writing their own Tollins chapters for a class project.


Check this one out if you have a chance. You'll thank me later.

No comments: